Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dog Days (BBT)

btt button

Since my dog is turning 10 today … what animal-related books have you read? Which do you love? Do you have a favorite literary dog? (Snoopy, anyone?) 

Snoopy is adorable--but sometimes irritating. LOL. I find that I am more annoyed than amused by him, so I'll pass on the Snoopy-love. Animal books--I have read the entire "Horse called...." Series by Joanne Chitwood Nowack. (one of my first "horse" reads) and while I may be dating myself here-ha-I used to read the Hank the Cowdog mysteries and the Saddle Club. I was never too big on animal books, the fact that the Hank series had mysteries and the Saddle Club = horses, was the real pull for me.


4 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

Interesting, Sara...I'm not familiar with those books. I have friends who devour any horse-related books, though!

Hope you'll stop by and say hello...

Cindy @ Cindy's Book Club

"Confuzzled" Shannon said...

I don't think I have ever read any horse books. I have heard of Hank the Cowdog though.

TayLyee said...

I used to read the Warrior cats books by Erin Hunter which I really liked, though I don't read them anymore.

Another one is The Sight by David Clement-Davies (the characters are wolves) which was really really good and a lot different from any other books I've read.

Sara Harricharan said...

@ TayLee--ah, I forgot about the Warrior Cat books, I loved those! Cats and Horses are my general animal favorites and I read the Warrior series a few times over--it was awesome!

Haven't heard of The Sight, but will add it to my list and see if I get a chance to read it. ^_^