Friday, October 28, 2011

Short-Term Memory (Friday Fiction)

This week's Friday Fiction is hosted by the talented Karlene Jacobsen over at her blog, Dancin' in the Rain. Click here to join and share more great fiction!

Author's Ramblings: Well, y'all probably know by now that I am addicted to prompt writing, so it won't surprise you much to see that I'm now moving up to the next level. Prompt writing with a timer. A really, really small timer. In which, we have x amount of minutes to write on the given prompt. It's been enlightening. *gulp* Yep. So this week, I'm treating you to my first attempts at flash fiction, because that is exactly what it is. (Yes,  yes, I know, it's impossible to think I could possibly write short pieces, but hey, I'm a learning writer, give me a break here!). I hope you enjoy the read and have a great weekend! I'll be hosting my second NaNoWriMo kick-off party and gearing up for the month-long adventure. Stay tuned for updates and if you're participating, I wish you all the best. Look me up, if you feel like it, I'm on there as Scarletfury. Cheers!

Prompt: Still
Title: Short-Term Memory
Time: One Minute
POV: 1st Person



Still.

Be quiet. Be still. Know that I am God.

I love that. That word. That line. That remembrance. It’s like, the perfect reminder in the middle of my most chaotic day. It’s a time where I know that what I’m doing needs a rain-check and that who I am needs to pause for a minute, before I forget who I need to be.

Still. Calm. Quiet.

Yes. That.

That is me. That is a part of me. That is who I am supposed to be. When I remember, I can’t forget and if I don’t forget, well then, I guess I’m one step close to being the me I’m supposed to be.



Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend! 


Sara




1 comments:

Yvonne Blake said...

Great job, Sara! (the queen of 15K novels) I'm sure doing these flash fiction will make your longer pieces even better!